Thursday, July 1, 2010

Shameful phobia...

I have an Arachnophobia, fear of spiders and things of and arachnid nature. I look at spider's and think to myself, do they really need to look so freaking evil? Is it really that necessary? Its not just that either, Their temperamental... and confrontational. Have you ever seen something in the corner of your eye moving rather quickly then when you look at what it is it comes to a complete halt and you find, much to your dismay, that it is a spider? I have. I hate it when that happens. Why does it stop when you notice it!? It's charging across the wall and as soon as you see it... HALT! A perfect stop also, no skidding, no messing up of it's leg work, just a perfect halt. It's like watching a car stop from 100mph-0mph in less that a second. In that situation I find myself in a show down with the spider, It's like its challenged me. It's looking at me with it's evil eight eyes, taunting me, sensing my fear. So I'll find myself approaching the spider, getting closer and closer(why? you may ask, I really don't know). So my face is about one foot away from the spider, I'm staring right into it's evil eight eyes trying to solve some sort of mystery, or find out what it is the spider's hiding from me... why it choses to torment me! And I forget, the spiders are fast and little bastards. So me staring deep into this little shit's eyes, thinking about to have a revelation as to what the mystery of this spider is. The crazy f*@%#r, base jumps of the wall onto the floor. Now with it completely out of sight, I'm reduced a little-girl-like-state of feeling vulnerable think that every spec of dust that touches me is this spider and that every spec of dust on the carpet is this spider. The whole time this is going I'm certain that this spawn of evil and anarchy is watching me from a safe vantage point laughing it's ugly little face off! Probably planing it's next attack.

1 comment:

  1. Ahem! A "girl-like state"? I am not afraid of spiders! :)

    ReplyDelete