Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Food commercials...

I hate food commercials. Yogurt one's especially. It starts of with a woman who in a very scientific and fancy manner tells the viewer she's having trouble pooping or some problem in the lower intestine and colon region. She'll then describe the product and how it helps her take a dump, again in an unnecessarily fancy manner. Here's the annoying part, the build up was just a warm up getting me all fired up. You'll see her peel the lid off the top of yogurt in a way that no one else in the entire would peel it off, then she'll lick the this lid way to freaking slowly! Seriously! And whilst she licking away she has this arrogant self-indulgent grin. Why does she have the seriously unfitting-for-the-moment grin!!?? I mean you grin like that if you achieve something or receive certificate. When I was 8 years old I received a certificate for being able to swim 25 meters, I had a grin like that, and I regret it when I look back on it. This woman is grinning because she knows she going to take a nice big dump later. Am I the only one who gets bothered by this?! But what I mentioned isn't even the most annoying part, what I am about to mention is something that every food commercial is guilty of... especially yogurt ones. Its the part where the actor or actress takes a bite or spoonful of whatever the product is. They'll be gazing into the distance with a stupid grin on their face whilst slowly bringing the food up to their mouth then when they take a bite they'll close their eye's and shuffle around as if their having an orgasm. Seriously!!! I mean c'mon!!! that's why I think Snickers and Cheezit commercials are the last bastion's of hope for the integrity of food commercials. The funny commercials they have are the pillars of support for all food commercials.

No comments:

Post a Comment