Wednesday, July 21, 2010

The Most Irritating and Demanding People in the World

Another story to add to the chronicles of "Dariush at work". You've heard about the bad-breath guy, you've heard about the widest and most annoying lady in the world and now your about to read what I think I'm going to title The Most Irritating and Demanding People in the World.It was a married couple who had just bought three appliances, and because of this they thought that all the Lowe's employees are at their disposal. Including me.

I was cashiering in my usual department of lumber and building materials, their was a big ass line and this is when this couple decided to strike by cutting the line. I was serving a customer and I remember seeing in the periphery of my vision two people standing adjacent to the line waiting for something. I thought to myself that they probably just have a quick question, so i finished serving the current customer I had then acknowledged their presence. They didn't have a question... they just laid some appliance adapters on the counter and told me they had ordered three appliances and they were told to check out at my register. So I politely told them, "okay, sure you can pay here, the line starts up there if you just wait there I'll get to you after I serve these people." The lady's husband having felt that I challenged him exclaimed "No!, we shouldn't have to wait in line, we ordered three appliances!, just ring us up now." This was another moment were my faith in my own race was being pushed to the limits. Much to my dismay, my manager went on to the other cash register and told me to ring up this duo.

So now that there's no line, and its just me and this annoying pair with a lovely air of awkwardness between us all. I finish ringing them up, give them their price, then the husband asks me the possibly the most unreasonable request ever.He asks me to go to the receiving area(which is possibly the farthest place from my cash register)and to check that we were pulling his appliances there and then. Of course I told him as politely as I could that I couldn't do that. This guy, probably trying to impress his wife looks up at me(up at me because this guy was like 4,9) and says. "Me and my wife will be back in half an hour,you see to the fact that our stuff is here ready to go when I get back. OK!" he looks at my name badge then gives me the tough/compensating for something/guy look then saunters off out of the door. Possibly the most demanding customer I've served.

1 comment:

  1. Dude that sucks. I hate people like that. People like that just assume they are better than other people. I've had my run in with customers that think they can snap their fingers and I will do whatever they say. In my department at my job I am probably known as the person that will give customers attitude right back and not give a damn about it. And I am still shocked that I haven't gotten in trouble for it either.

    ReplyDelete