Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Mortal Kombat...

As a child I religiously played this game. It was violent, it had excessive blood during the fights and it was everything grown-up's didn't want their kids to be viewing. So its lure to me and many other kids who played this game was similar to that of moth and a flame. I remember playing this game and being memorized by the blood that would gush out of your opponents face whenever you done any sort of move, and what was cool was that the blood would stay on the floor so by the end of the fight you have something of a visual representation of just how badly you messed your opponent up, so any late viewers of the fight can see how awesome you were. As violent as the game was, the fact of the matter is that it was simple pix elated graphics and the blood was nothing but red pixels that didn't even resemble blood that much, it was merely a novelty to the whole fighting experience.

Mortal Kombat 9 is game that is coming out soon, and as a loyal fan to the franchise I obviously watched the trailer and the game play excerpt. I was amazed, for two reasons. The first being that this game was a throw back to a by-gone era as it was re-employing the 2-D fighting plane, something they havn't done since Mortal Kombat 2 back in the late 90's. Despite it being a 2-D fighting plane the character renderings were still very much in high detail 3-D form, and their renderings looked awesome, especially Scorpion and Sub-Zero. Now something to always expect from MK is that it's always going to be extremely violent, and strangely, the violent aspect of the game believe it or not is the aspect that surprised me the most. MK 9 is ridiculously violent, and I never thought I'd ever say this, but I think it's too violent(an opinion my mothers had all her life). I have a feeling they've over iced the cake with the violence in this game, because thats all the blood ever was in MK, icing on the cake. But I think this time I want some cake with my icing if you get my drift.


No comments:

Post a Comment